(1) The Government of Clay County, Missouri* makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, content, currency, suitability, and timeliness of the information provided via this website. This information is provided on an “as is” basis by the County Department of Public Services.
(2) Clay County reserves the right to make changes to all documents presented within the context of its websites at any time, at its discretion, in accordance with the laws and ordinances, procedures and regulations that pertain to such changes.
(3) The Government of Clay County, Missouri specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages that may result from providing its websites or the information they contain, including any websites maintained by third parties and linked to or from the Clay County Missouri Government website. The Government of Clay County, Missouri makes no effort to independently verify, and does not exert editorial control over, information or services provided on pages outside the claycountymo.gov domain.
(4) In those cases where third-party software needs to be installed and executed on computer systems belonging to members of the public, in order to display and review the websites or the information they contain, no claim of ownership of this third-party software is made by the Government of Clay County, Missouri. The Government of Clay County, Missouri specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages that may result from the installation and use of this third-party software, or its failure to install or run on any particular computer system. The Government of Clay County, Missouri, acknowledges all trademarks, patents, copyrights, and license agreements pertaining to said third-party software.
(5) Clay County, Missouri Government does not endorse any of the products, vendors, consultants, or documentation referenced on its websites. Any mention of vendors, products, or services is for informational purposes only.
(1) The maps, documents, and GIS/mapping related web pages and all other information presented within the context of the Clay County, Missouri Government websites are the sole property of Clay County, Missouri. They are being made available for public use without any kind of warranty, express or implied, of correctness, currency, completeness, or fitness for any particular purpose. The documents are provided as a public service and may not be reproduced without prior written permission from the Clay County Commission.
(2) The maps presented on the Clay County, Missouri Government website (claycountymo.gov) are compiled and derived from official records such as plats, surveys and recorded deeds. They are not official records, and do not reflect official statements. The only documents suitable to answer legal and survey questions, or settle legal claims, are the plats, surveys, deeds, and other documents officially recorded with Clay County.
(3) The website Disclaimer policy as stated above is in full effect for the documents stated in paragraph(1) of this section.
(4) In the case that maps, documents, and GIS/mapping related data and/or other information is being made available through the Clay County Assessor’s Office, additional conditions, fees, regulations and disclaimers may apply. These conditions, fees, regulations and disclaimers may be reviewed on the Clay County Assessor’s web site.
(1) The Commission of Clay County, Missouri specifically states that all data and other content pertaining to, made available by or representing the Elected Officeholders of Clay County, other than the County Commission itself, is provided at the sole discretion and responsibility of the respective Elected Officeholders.
(1) The information posted on Clay County, Missouri Government websites includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. The Government of Clay County, Missouri provides these links and pointers solely for its users’ information and convenience. The inclusion of links on these websites should not be construed as an endorsement by the Clay County, Missouri Government of those links or the content of the linked websites. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the Clay County, Missouri Government site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
(1) The Government of Clay County, Missouri is using logging and profiling tools to gather information about each visit to its websites. It processes this information in the aggregate to determine site performance issues, such as popular pages, most frequently downloaded forms, and other site performance characteristics. This information does not identify users personally.
(2) The Government of Clay County, Missouri does not share, sell or rent your personal information to third parties, Although it may disclose aggregated information about the use of its websites, that information does not contain personal information.
(3) The Government of Clay County, Missouri cannot ensure that personal information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, it may be obligated to disclose information to the State of Federal Government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may circumvent its security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
(4) The Government of Clay County, Missouri, may collect uniquely identifiable information such as a site login and password, user name and an email address for purposes of customizing its websites to users’ needs and preferences, and to operate electronic mailing or distribution lists. Such information is provided by the user on a strictly voluntary basis. By providing such information, the user agrees to receive communication from Clay County for purposes of account maintenance and account security.
(5) To the extent that the Government of Clay County, Missouri, elects to operate electronic mailing or distribution lists, it will offer the choice to opt out of receiving such communications to persons and organizations who have elected to receive them. Requests to opt out of receiving such communications are provided with each communications, or may be submitted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org(please state your name and login, and the name of the mailing list you wish to opt out of).
(1) We attempt to ensure that the Clay County, Missouri Government websites remain available to all users by employing software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
* For purposes of these policies, the Government of Clay County, Missouri means the Clay County Commission, and those Elected Officeholders who have chosen to participate in its web sites as their primary means of representation on the Internet.